- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 4 c. finely shredded cabbage
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 14-oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15-oz. can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 c. orzo or other tiny pasta
- salt, pepper and spices to taste
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add cabbage and garlic and cook, stirring, until the cabbage begins to wilt, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, tomatoes and beans. Bring the soup to a simmer and stir in the pasta. Cover the pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Serve each bowl topped with 1 Tbs. of Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 dinner servings.