- 1 pound very thinly sliced zucchini
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 large slivers parmagiano cheese
- juice of 1 large lemon
- fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Remove their ends and soak the zucchini in a bowl of cold water with a little coarse salt added for half an hour to remove bitter taste. Drain the zucchini, rinse them under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels, and use a mandoline or truffle cutter to thinly slice them. Place the zucchini in a crockery or glass bowl and season with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for at least half an hour. When ready, transfer the thinly sliced zucchini to a serving platter, arrange the cheese slivers on top, serve with the Italian parsley leaves.
Adapted from Bugialli’s Italy.