- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups minced onion
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 large bell pepper, minced
- 5 small (6 inch) zucchini, diced
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbs. dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Cayenne and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 cups (packed) grated jack cheese
Heat the oil in a large and deep skillet. Add onion, garlic and salt and sauté over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until onion is soft. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and seasonings. Stir and cook over medium heat another 5-8 minutes until the squash is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Allow to cool for a few minutes before filling the tortillas (approx. 10- 12).
Adapted from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest.