- 3 to 4 pound boneless loin of pork,cut in 2″ cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 jalapeno chile peppers seeded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 outside leaves Romaine lettuce
- 3 tomatillos, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup water
Put pork loin in pan with water to cover. Simmer 1 1/2 hours; drain and transfer to slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Season pork loin with salt and pepper to taste then pour blended mixture over. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.