- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tbs. fresh dill (optional)
- 3-4 scallions, finely minced
- 1/2 cup finely minced water chestnuts
- 5 to 6 healthy radishes, minced
Stem the spinach, clean and dry thoroughly (a salad spinner works fine, followed by paper towel). Mince finely (a few whirls in the food processor with the steel blade works perfectly). Place ricotta in a medium-large bowl. Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat it until quite smooth. Stir in the spinach and all other ingredients, including the optional dill (or save as a garnish) and minced water chestnuts. Cover tightly and chill until very cold. Serve with chips, raw vegetables, or good crackers.
From Molly Katzen’s Still Life with Menu Cookbook.