- 1 1-pound package refrigerated pizza dough
- Cornmeal and/or flour for pan or pizza stone
- 1 spring onion, chopped using white and light green parts
- 3-4 medium new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere, aged Gouda or other flavorful cheese
Heat oven to 450ｰ F.
Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal or flour and place the dough on top.
Combine the onions, potatoes, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and oil in a large bowl. Scatter the potato mixture over the dough and sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake until the crust is golden, about 20 minutes. Slice into wedges and transfer to individual plates.