- 1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil or other cooking oil
- 3 green garlics, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt plus more to taste
- 2 slices prosciutto, sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch collard greens, kale, or Swiss chard thinly sliced or chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil. Swirl and add green garlic and salt. Cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add prosciutto, if using, and cook, stirring, until it loses its bright pink tone, about 1 minute. Add greens, stir to combine, add 1/4 cup water. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until greens are well wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir, cover, and cook until tender. Depending on the greens used (chard will take a shorter time than the others) and your taste, this will take anywhere from 3 to 8 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste, as you like.