Storage: Rutabagas store well in a bag in the refrigerator crisper. Peel just before use, as the skin prevents shriveling.
Uses: Use like other root vegetables. Rutabagas add rich flavor and color to mixed roasted vegetables. Rutabaga also makes a delicious gratin.
- Carrots and Rutabagas with Lemon and Honey
- Curry Roasted Root Vegetables with Lime Leaves and Juice
- Famous Fall Roots Soup
- Maye’s Beets
- Polenta with Braised Root Vegetables
- Pureed Rutabaga with a Cheesy Crust
- Rutabaga and Carrot Soup
- Rutabaga and Potato Gratin
- Rutabaga Cake with Brown Butter Frosting and Hazelnuts