Storage: Kale stores well in the refrigerator in a bag that minimizes dehydration. Refrigerating soon after receiving will help prevent leaves turning yellow.
Uses: Steam, saute, boil, broil or dehydrate kale leaves. Raw kale makes an excellent salad, especially with the dressing massaged in to the leaves. Kale pairs well with onions, garlic, tamari, smoky flavors, and tomatoes.
- Baked Kale Gruyère
- Barley Risotto with Butternut Squash and Kale
- Black Kale Gratin
- Butternut Squash and Kale Strata
- Caldo Verde
- Kale and Lamb Saag
- Kale Calzones
- Kale Chips
- Kale Custard with Sautéed Radishes
- Kale, Lentil, and Roasted Beet Salad
- Kale Salad
- Marinated Kale Chips
- Penne with Kale and Potatoes
- Portuguese Kale Soup