Storage: Green (or purple or yellow) beans keep well in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Make sure beans are not wet for longest storage. To freeze, blanch (quick steam) the beans until bright green, cool quickly, and freeze in freezer bags for several months.
Uses: To use beans, snap off tops and tails. Beans can be steamed, boiled, sauteed or roasted. They are delicious with garlic, red peppers, and mushrooms.
- Dilly Beans
- Garlic Beans with Filberts
- Garlic Snow Peas with Filberts
- Green Bean Salad with Prosciutto
- Green Beans and Fennel Ragout
- Hot Wax Bean Chef’s Salad
- Roasted Green Beans With Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Olives
- Tarragon or Basil Green Beans
- Wynelle’s Pot Pie